- Removal of airborne molecular contamination
- Gas-phase removal filter
- Custom-designed impregnations with different media
- Flat panel design for Fan Filter Units (FFUs) and mini-environments
- Cells for fresh air and recirculation air handler
These filters are designed for the gas phase removal of Atmospheric Molecular Contamination (AMC) from make-up air and recirculation systems to protect high-tech production processes in the semiconductor and related industries.
These filters are designed for the gas-phase removal of Airborne Molecular Contamination (AMC) from make-up air and recirculation systems to protect high-tech production processes in the semiconductor and related industries.
AstroSorb filters are available both as flat panels and as deep filter cells, containing chemical adsorption material embedded in layers of synthetic support media. The material is impregnated to suit particular gas-phase contamination control applications:
- MA for Acids - a corrosive gas that reacts chemically as an acid (an electron acceptor).
- MB for Bases - a corrosive gas that reacts chemically as a base (an electron donor).
- MC for Condensables - a contaminant whose boiling point is typically above room temperature and is capable of condensing on a (wafer) surface.
- MD for Dopants - a contaminant that modifies the electrical properties of (semiconductor) material. Single or multi-layer applications are possible in the custom design of the adsorbent.
This filter has a flat panel design for low to medium face velocities for applications in pressurized cleanroom ceilings, AstroFan FFUs, and mini-environments. Aluminium extrusions are fitted with pleated adsorption material. Filter depth depends on face velocity, allowable pressure drop, and available space. Standard sizes, customized sizes, and combinations are available.
This filter has a flat panel design for low to medium face velocities, for applications in AstroFan FFUs and mini-environments. Aluminium extrusions are fitted with adsorption material, followed by a layer of MEGAcel® ePTFE membrane. This filter combines gas-phase removal of AMCs with the unique low outgassing properties of the MEGAcel ePTFE membrane at ULPA grade efficiency. Both standard sizes and customized sizes are available.
- Hotels & Restaurants
- Schools & Universities
- Museum & Historic Storage
- Material Processing
- Pulp & Paper
- Waste Water Treatment